Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloween Memories

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays--right up there with Thanksgiving and Christmas.  But there's one thing that Halloween offers that no other holiday does: an excuse to eat unholy amounts of CANDY.


I have such fond memories of Halloween: returning home after a successful night of Trick-or-Treating; spilling my pillowcase of candy onto the kitchen table; sorting the good stuff from the bad; ranking them; and then engaging with my brother in tense trade negotiations, in which we sought to offload our bad stock and gain a few new goodies.

Our parents would be on standby, greedily eyeing our treasure-troves, ready to intervene should a dispute arise (and collect for their services, of course).  And when the trading was complete, both parties satisfied with the outcome, we'd race off to hide our candy in super secret hidey-holes.  Mine was in a shoebox at the back of my closet.  My brother's was under his bed (shhh...don't tell him I told you!).

No comments:

Post a Comment